Today the Brand Newsroom team takes a look at what brands can learn from Trump’s Twitter account.
Professor George Lakoff of Berkeley University says US President Donald Trump uses four main tactics to set the news agenda through his tweets. Here’s his analysis:
Can brands use similar tactics? Or would that be a formula for disaster?
Links you might need
- George Lakoff’s website is here.
- And here’s that Ted Koppel versus Sean Hannity exchange Sarah mentioned.
- This is the disaster that was iSnack 2.0.
On My Desk
- James’s recommendation was this article about the digital leadership gap.
- Nic recommended the Grizzly Labs app.
- And Sarah’s recommendation was Death to the Stock Photo.
Brand Newsroom is a podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Join the BNR Community!
Get exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah by joining the Brand Newsroom Community.