Here are some key take-outs:
- Often small businesses are falling into content marketing because they recognise the marketplace is there for businesses to provide a value add for their audience.
- Business owners often have a hard time getting their head around the idea of “giving away” their ideas and information — yet it works.
- It can also take time to understand that a hard-sell message doesn’t work.
- Show your passion and experience for something through your content marketing and it will deliver business results for you.
- If you can find different stories — a niche — it will help you build an audience.
Here are the links you might need
- You can find Mark on Twitter here. And the Marketing Homebrew show is here.
- Mark mentioned a CB Insights report on why start-ups fail.
- Farrow and Ball’s The Chromologist website is here.
- Here’s that Trevor Young episode of Brand Newsroom Mark mentioned.
- Lush Cosmetics is here.
On My Desk
- Mark’s recommendation was an interactive music video by a band called Real Estate. You can see it (and play along) here.
- Here’s Sarah’s recommendation, an article by Cornwall SEO’s Lyndon Antcliff.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently James, Sarah and Nic took a close look at marketing for multiple brands, with Sandra Brewer.
And here’s a (rather heated) debate the team had about marketing awards and whether they’re worth the effort.
Like what you’ve heard?
Give us a follow on SoundCloud to get the latest episodes.
Or, you can subscribe or leave a review on iTunes.