Should brands be making a stand on social issues? And what are the factors any brand should consider before taking sides in a divisive issue?
With a public vote on same-sex marriage happening in Australia at the moment, many big companies and business leaders are becoming quite vocal about where they stand.
Also becoming quite vocal this week are Nic and Sarah, who have a good old-fashioned barney!
Links you might need
- Here’s a bit of background on the vote that’s happening in Australia.
- And here’s some background on Qantas boss Alan Joyce getting hit with a creampie.
- Here’s some detail on Margaret Court, the former tennis champion Nic won’t share a plane with.
- And here’s some info on athlete’s kneeling during the national anthem in the US.
On My Desk
- Sarah’s recommendation is to use TweetDeck to follow hashtags.
- Nic recommended a book called Kingpin: Legal Lessons from the Underworld, by Sarah Bartholomew.
- James recommended Psycho Cybernetics, a book about the power of your subconscious mind.
Brand Newsroom is a podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Join the BNR Community!
Get exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah by joining the Brand Newsroom Community.
Brand Newsroom: The little marketing podcast that’s big on personality!
As recommended by:
And as seen on: