How do we encourage our clients and managers to be bolder, to think bigger, to invest more?
People often come to us because their marketing isn’t working and they want to try something new. We do all the thinking, plan out the creative, they love it, but when the crunch comes they go back to doing the same old things they’ve always done.
Here are some key take-outs:
- The way you’ve always done marketing and PR is disappearing. Businesses need to move rapidly with their media and marketing, to capitalise on opportunities
- You need diversity in your marketing team. You don’t want everyone to look the same and think the same. You need people who think about things in different ways and come from different angles
- Experimentation is key. It helps you discover new things that work. It’s time to take a few risks
- Be agile enough to be responsive
- Do it little by little. You don’t have to scare the client or the boss. Bring them along for the journey
- Show them the proof in the pudding.
On My Desk
- Sarah recommended Pam Didner’s Content Audit templates
- Nic mentioned the Genius Scan app
- James recommended the Guardian’s Our Wide Brown Land
Links you might need
- Here’s that article James mentioned which talks about making marketing a weekly task
- Here’s where you can support James’s Ride for Youth
- Please vote for Brand Newsroom in the Australia Podcast Awards!
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Join the BNR Community!
Get exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah by joining the Brand Newsroom Community.
Brand Newsroom: The little marketing podcast that’s big on personality!
As recommended by:
And as seen on: